Antony & I hope you are all keeping well and staying safe during this Covid-19 pandemic.
Since the beginning of the pandemic our number one priority has been the health and well-being of everyone who stays at Huxtable Farm: our visitors, family members and everyone we meet.
As we approach Monday’s ‘Freedom Day’ and its implications, we have spent some time working out how best to go forward, ensuring that everyone remains safe and that visitors enjoy a lovely memorable holiday experience at Huxtable Farm.
As much as we welcome the relaxation of restrictions and the potential of returning to living normally, in the current circumstances with rapidly increasing infection rates, we feel that we should remain cautious, so will continue to keep most of our Covid measures in place from Monday onwards.
We respectfully ask that everyone when in the indoor public areas continue to wear masks, use the hand sanitizer and observe social distancing as far as possible. We will increase ventilation in these areas by having the windows open.
Of course, we ask that if you have any symptoms, have tested positive or have had contact with a case, that you delay your visit to us. If that happens, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01598 760254.
We will review everything again mid August. In the meantime, we hope everyone will safely enjoy their stay at Huxtable Farm.
To reassure you Antony & I have each had our two Covid injections.
Covid Booking Policy; ; Just to clarify our Covid booking policy –If we must close or you are placed in a restricted tier then we would refund your deposit in full or rebook your booking for a future date at no extra cost. We very much look forward to welcoming you to Huxtable Farm as long as everyone is safe to do so. With this in mind, if you already have a booking with us and don’t feel safe to travel please do contact me email@example.com or by telephone 01598 760254 asap.
CORONAVIRUS Action Plan for 2021 at Huxtable Farm
What we are doing to prevent the spread of Covid-19; We have reduced the number of B&B guests staying at Huxtable Farm, to minimise the risk of spreading Covid-19. Each of the three camping pitches has their own private wash room.
Existing 2021 Bookings
- All existing bookings from May 2021 onwards stand. We will contact you via email with arrival details nearer your arrival date.
- Should the regulations or Covid-19 situation change we will email you to update you and provide you with any additional information regarding check in procedures and expectations during your stay.
- Contact details of the primary guest will be held for test and trace purposes.
- The NHS Test and Trace QR code will be displayed for guests to scan using the NHS Covid-19 App should you wish.
The health and well being of our guests and family remains our top priority. Our usual high cleaning standards have been updated to include a new risk based approach.
- Our rooms including all surfaces, seating and curtains will be cleaned, disinfected and sanitised after each stay using cleaning products compliant with EN 14476 standards to kill any enveloped viruses.
- All linen, towels and bedding including the protectors will be washed at 60 degrees.
- All crockery and other items from the dining room and bedrooms will be washed at a high temperature in the dishwasher.
- Any other items that cannot be washed will be isolated for 3 days.
- All other public areas will be cleaned, disinfected and sanitised on a daily basis.
- In the short term we have removed all soft furnishings such as cushions, throws, magazines etc. to minimize the risk of contamination.
- Your room will not be serviced during your stay. On arrival we will advise you as to how you can obtain refills of your complimentary items should you require.
- Hand sanitiser will be available and visible at the entrance to the farmhouse/dining room. Please use the sanitiser on entering and exiting these areas.
- There may be some visitors camping in the fields who will share the use of the information/shop/games room, so these facilities have hand sanitiser and other cleaning products available to use.
Social Distancing and Wearing of Masks
- We ask that you adhere to the 2 metre social distancing rules throughout your stay.
- We ask that guests will be required to wear masks on arrival and in all communal areas. They are not required once seated in the dining room.
- We have reduced our occupancy to aid social distancing.
- Breakfast times will be staggered to ensure social distancing is maintained. This will be arranged with you upon arrival.
- We aim to provide our extensive menu as before, however, to minimize risk there will not be a help yourself cereal/fruit buffet. These food items can be ordered from a printed menu and will be brought to your table.
- Tables will be cleaned and sanitised following service.
Check In and Check Out
- To ensure social distancing is maintained with other guests, it would be helpful if you could advise us of your estimated time of arrival.
- The keys for your room will be in your room and will have been sanitised before your arrival.
- During your stay if you require our assistance please ring the bell located at the bottom of the stairs.
- Any outstanding payments due will be processed via card upon departure using a sanitised card machine.
Farm & Local Amenities
The facilities available to you;
B&B; Your bedroom and the farmhouse dining room at a designated breakfast time. Your bedroom will not be serviced during your stay. On arrival we will advise you as to how you can obtain refills of your complimentary items should you require.
Campers; Your own camping pitch area. No one else will have access to your private wash room. The wash room will be thoroughly cleaned before & after your stay (disinfecting of wash area, wiping down door handles, light switches etc.)
Both B&B & Campers; Please do explore the farm via its Devon Wildlife trail or Treasure trail..
Feeding of the farm animals will have to be observed from a distance, rather than being able participate.
Facilities not available to you at Huxtable Farm B&B/Camping during Covid-19;
B&B; – Until further notice you will not have access to the farmhouse lounge, you will only have access to the dining room at a designated breakfast time.
Both B&B & Campers; The sauna with not be available for either B&B or Campers. You will be able to use the treasure trail/Devon wildlife trail, childrens swings and Information/Shop/Games room, however board games & magazines will NOT be available to use.
If you require any of the following please bring them with you; your own wellington boots, board games, books, magazines, fishing nets, buckets etc. as NONE of these will be available to borrow during the Covid-19 pandemic .
Please bring your own gloves, masks, hand sanitising gel & antibacterial wipes to use; on the farm (when opening gates etc), when shopping and visiting places in North Devon.
- If you are visiting the area, please check with local amenities to see if they are open. Most local tourist attractions are operating a ‘book online’ system, so we recommend you book these before your arrival.
- Local pubs, restaurants and cafes will also be operating a booking system, and again we suggest you book these prior to your arrival.
- It is essential that you or anyone in your party do not travel if you are unwell or are showing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- You should not travel if you or anyone on your household has been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 within 14 days of your arrival.
- Current NHS guidelines for checking symptoms and requirements for self-isolation can be found here; https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- If you develop suspected symptoms during your stay we ask that you immediately get tested and if positive you should return home to self isolate. Telephone 111 or using website
- https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-an-antigen-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/ to find out where the nearest testing station is.
- The result of this test must be shown to your host Jackie, by telephone messaging or Whats app i.e no contact.
- If you are unable to return home and need to extend your stay, you will be restricted to your room for 14 days. Food can be delivered to your door, however, nothing can be removed from the room until after departure. The room will then be sealed off for 72 hours before being deep cleaned.
- You will be charged for the additional stay and services and any affected bookings.
- Any other guests staying will be notified.
We are taking these precautions to protect you and our family.
We’re sorry to say that your stay will be quite different than usual but hope you will still be able to enjoy your time here safety at a distance!
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
To book either telephone us on 01598 760254, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online ‘Book Now’ button on the website www.huxtablefarm.co.uk
Whether you are visiting family or friends in the area or are here for business or holiday, we look forward to welcoming you to our home at Huxtable Farm.