Antony & I hope you are all keeping well and staying safe during this Covid-19 pandemic.
After much discussion, deliberation, studying government & tourism authority guidelines on how to open our farm B&B accommodation, we have come to the difficult decision to remain closed until June 2021. This difficult decision was not made lightly; Paramount is the health and well-being of everyone who stays at Huxtable Farm, we also feel that we will not be able to offer you our usual hospitality/experience under these guidelines.
Rebook for a future date; We very much look forward to the day when we can welcome you to Huxtable Farm B&B again. With this in mind, if you already have a booking with us and I have not contacted you already please do contact me email@example.com or by telephone 01598 760254
Right now, it’s essential that we all continue to follow government advice, stay at home and support our dedicated front line service personnel. We would like to thank them all for the incredible work they are doing keeping this country going. We would also like to thank you for your patience, understanding and support during this extraordinary time.
Antony & I miss all of you and look forward to welcoming you back to Huxtable Farm in 2021, in the meantime please take care, keep safe & well.
CORONAVIRUS Action Plan for 2021 at Huxtable Farm
What we are doing to prevent the spread of Covid-19; We have reduced the number of B&B guests staying at Huxtable Farm, to minimise the risk of spreading Covid-19. There may be some visitors camping in the fields who will have sole use of the games room & sauna room, so these facilities will not be available to B&B guests during this time.
Existing 2021 Bookings
- All existing bookings from May 2021 onwards stand. We will contact you via email with arrival details nearer your arrival date.
- Should the regulations or Covid-19 situation change we will email you to update you and provide you with any additional information regarding check in procedures and expectations during your stay.
- Contact details of the primary guest will be held for test and trace purposes.
- The NHS Test and Trace QR code will be displayed for guests to scan using the NHS Covid-19 App should you wish.
The health and well being of our guests and family remains our top priority. Our usual high cleaning standards have been updated to include a new risk based approach.
- Our rooms including all surfaces, seating and curtains will be cleaned, disinfected and sanitised after each stay using cleaning products compliant with EN 14476 standards to kill any enveloped viruses.
- All linen, towels and bedding including the protectors will be washed at 60 degrees.
- All crockery and other items from the dining room and bedrooms will be washed at a high temperature in the dishwasher.
- Any other items that cannot be washed will be isolated for 3 days.
- All other public areas will be cleaned, disinfected and sanitised on a daily basis.
- In the short term we have removed all soft furnishings such as cushions, throws, magazines etc. to minimize the risk of contamination.
- Your room will not be serviced during your stay. On arrival we will advise you as to how you can obtain refills of your complimentary items should you require.
- Hand sanitiser will be available and visible at the entrance to the B&B and the entrance to the dining room. Please use the sanitiser on entering and exiting these areas.
Social Distancing and Wearing of Masks
- We ask that you adhere to the 2 metre social distancing rules throughout your stay.
- We ask that guests will be required to wear masks on arrival and in all communal areas. They are not required once seated in the dining room.
- We have reduced our occupancy to aid social distancing.
- Breakfast times will be staggered to ensure social distancing is maintained. This will be arranged with you upon arrival.
- We aim to provide our extensive menu as before, however, to minimize risk there will not be a help yourself cereal/fruit buffet. These food items can be ordered from a printed menu and will be brought to your table.
- Tables will be cleaned and sanitised following service.
Check In and Check Out
- To ensure social distancing is maintained with other guests, it would be helpful if you could advise us of your estimated time of arrival.
- The keys for your room and the front door will be in your room and will have been sanitised before your arrival.
- During your stay if you require our assistance please ring the bell located at the bottom of the stairs.
- Any outstanding payments due will be processed via card upon departure using a sanitised card machine.
Farm & Local Amenities
The facilities available to you;
B&B; Your bedroom and the farmhouse dining room at a designated breakfast time. Your bedroom will not be serviced during your stay. On arrival we will advise you as to how you can obtain refills of your complimentary items should you require.
Campers; Your own camping pitch area. No one else will have access to your private wash room. The wash room will be thoroughly cleaned before & after your stay (disinfecting of wash area, wiping down door handles, light switches etc.)
Both B&B & Campers; Please do explore the farm via its Devon Wildlife trail but we’re sorry the treasure trail will not be available.
Feeding of the farm animals will have to be observed from a distance, rather than being able participate.
Facilities not available to you at Huxtable Farm B&B/Camping during Covid-19;
B&B; – Until further notice you will not have access to the farmhouse lounge, you will only have access to the dining room at a designated breakfast time.
Both B&B & Campers; The childrens swings, wendy house, table tennis table, children’s outside toys, board games & magazines will not be available to use.
Please bring your own gloves, masks, hand sanitising gel & antibacterial wipes to use; on the farm (when opening gates etc), when shopping and visiting places in North Devon.
If you require any of the following please bring them too; your own wellington boots, board games, books, magazines, fishing nets, buckets etc. as NONE of these will be available to borrow during the Covid-19 pandemic .
- If you are visiting the area, please check with local amenities to see if they are open. Most local tourist attractions are operating a ‘book online’ system, so we recommend you book these before your arrival.
- Local pubs, restaurants and cafes will also be operating a booking system, and again we suggest you book these prior to your arrival.
- It is essential that you or anyone in your party do not travel if you are unwell or are showing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- You should not travel if you or anyone on your household has been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 within 14 days of your arrival.
- Current NHS guidelines for checking symptoms and requirements for self-isolation can be found here; https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- If you develop suspected symptoms during your stay we ask that you immediately get tested and if positive you should return home to self isolate. Telephone 111 or using website
- https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-an-antigen-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/ to find out where the nearest testing station is.
- The result of this test must be shown to your host Jackie, by telephone messaging or Whats app i.e no contact.
- If you are unable to return home and need to extend your stay, you will be restricted to your room for 14 days. Food can be delivered to your door, however, nothing can be removed from the room until after departure. The room will then be sealed off for 72 hours before being deep cleaned.
- You will be charged for the additional stay and services and any affected bookings.
- Any other guests staying will be notified.
We are taking these precautions to protect you and our family.
We’re sorry to say that your stay will be quite different than usual but hope you will still be able to enjoy your time here safety at a distance!
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
To book either telephone us on 01598 760254, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online ‘Book Now’ button on the website www.huxtablefarm.co.uk
Whether you are visiting family or friends in the area or are here for business or holiday, we look forward to welcoming you to our home at Huxtable Farm.